GET THE SKILLS TO BE A Financial Management PROFESSIONAL
You will develop an understanding of personal financial planning, taxation, marketing and business software. The program gives you a strong understanding of the legal and ethical implications of financial and wealth management, along with payroll and other key business concepts. You will also participate in two separate end of studies project or a practicum placement, which will give you the opportunity to put your classroom education to work in a real world workplace.
- Secondary V diploma
- Successful admission test
Total Program Hours:
- 1020 hours
Conditions for admission to an Attestation of College Studies (ACS)In addition to meeting the college's requirements, applicants must satisfy one of the following conditions:
- the candidate interrupted his or her studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one school year;
- the candidate is covered by an agreement concluded between the college and an employer or by a government program;
- the candidate has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread out over a period of one or more years.
Graduation:To graduate, students must obtain the required pass mark in each course.
This program leads to an ACS (Attestation of College Studies) recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement Supérieur (MEES) (Permit 749747).
This program is offered in English or French.
Graduates of this program can apply to the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification from the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)*. PCP certification is the foundation for a career in payroll. Gain an in-depth understanding of the legislative requirements to keep your organization compliant throughout the annual payroll cycle. When you get certified, you join a growing community of supportive professionals and gain access to the resources you need to stay current and compliant.
PCP certification requires four core courses and one year of related work experience. The requirements are as follows:
- Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Payroll Fundamentals 1
- Payroll Fundamentals 2
- Introduction to Accounting (offered at post-secondary institutions)
- Application for recognition of professional experience (DREP) with a minimum of one year of work experience in the field of payroll.
* CPA is the only association offering payroll accreditation programs in Canada.
- Administrative Technician
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounting Assistant
- Pay Clerk
- Purchasing Agent
- Financial Agent
- Finance and Insurance Supervisor
- Manager and Assistant Manager
Industry Salary Information
- Low Wage ($/hr): $24.00
- Average Wage ($/hr): $38.97
- High Wage ($/hr): $64.10
- Average Salary: $81,058
* Information Source: www.jobbank.gc.ca/trend-analysis. Salary data provided is an estimate, and is intended for reference purposes only.
Your education is an investment in your future. We realize that every student comes from a unique financial background, so we point you toward the financial solution that is right for you.
There are many options when it comes to financing your education, including:
- PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Each provincial government has its own financial assistance programs for post-secondary students. Give us a call and we'll help you to get the ball rolling with your personal loan application process.
- RBC ROYAL CREDIT LINE FOR STUDENTS ©
The Royal Credit Line for Students lets you focus on what's important: your studies. Available to full-time and part-time students who need to finance their studies, it allows you to take charge of your financial needs in a way that fits your lifestyle.
The Royal Credit Line for Students is different from a traditional loan in that it lets you borrow funds as you need them and pay the interest on only the amount you use without ever having to reapply. You get all the convenience and benefits with no annual fee.
As a student, you may qualify for one of RBC's best rates - Prime + 1%, which applies when you are at school and for a 12-month 'grace period' after graduation.
Further information about financial assistance is available from the Financial Representative at your nearest CDI College campus.
416, boul. De Maisonneuve Ouest Suite #700
Montreal , QC H3A 1L2
3 Place Laval Suite #400
Laval, QC H7N 1A2
Complexe St-Charles 1111 rue St-Charles Ouest Suite #120
Longueuil, QCJ4K 5G4
500 - 1000 boulevard Saint-Jean
Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5P1
9480 Lacordaire Boulevard Suite #204
Montreal, QC H1R 0C4