GET THE SKILLS TO BE A Early Childhood Education PROFESSIONAL
The program covers child development, relationships, activities and lesson plans. Students will be taught to organize fine arts, expressive arts, health and safety, storytelling, and self-esteem building lessons for small children. Interpersonal communications, organizational skills, and stress and time management skill are also developed.
Program ObjectivesCDI College's Early Childhood Education - JEE.13 program allows students to:
- plan and organize activities for pre-school and school-age children (0-12 years of age in Canada);
- provide care and guidance to children under the supervision of certified early childhood educators;
- lead children in activities that promote their intellectual, physical and emotional growth; and
- stimulate psychomotor, emotional, language, social, and moral development while preparing children for life in society.
- Secondary V diploma
- Successful admission test
- Criminal Reference Check
Total Program Hours
- 1200 hours
Conditions for admission to an Attestation of College Studies (ACS)In addition to meeting the college's requirements, applicants must satisfy one of the following conditions:
- the candidate interrupted his or her studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one school year;
- the candidate is covered by an agreement concluded between the college and an employer or by a government program;
- the candidate has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread out over a period of one or more years.
Graduation:To graduate, students must obtain the required pass mark in each course.
This program leads to an ACS (Attestation of College Studies) recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement Supérieur (MEES) (Permit 749747).
This program is offered in English or French.
- Child-Oriented Service Centres
Industry Salary Information
- Low Wage ($/hr): $13.00
- Average Wage ($/hr): $20.00
- High Wage ($/hr): $24.06
- Average Salary: $41,600
* Information Source: www.jobbank.gc.ca/trend-analysis. Salary data provided is an estimate, and is intended for reference purposes only.
Find out what your personality is like and discover your traits, worries & concerns about taking the next step to study at school towards a new and rewarding career. This quick and easy assessment will provide you with some insight into what to focus on and what you might need to watch out for to best prepare you for your new career and school goals!Take Assessment!
Your education is an investment in your future. We realize that every student comes from a unique financial background, so we point you toward the financial solution that is right for you.
There are many options when it comes to financing your education, including:
- PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT STUDENT ASSISTANCE
Each provincial government has its own financial assistance programs for post-secondary students. Give us a call and we'll help you to get the ball rolling with your personal loan application process.
- RBC ROYAL CREDIT LINE FOR STUDENTS ©
The Royal Credit Line for Students lets you focus on what's important: your studies. Available to full-time and part-time students who need to finance their studies, it allows you to take charge of your financial needs in a way that fits your lifestyle.
The Royal Credit Line for Students is different from a traditional loan in that it lets you borrow funds as you need them and pay the interest on only the amount you use without ever having to reapply. You get all the convenience and benefits with no annual fee.
As a student, you may qualify for one of RBC's best rates - Prime + 1%, which applies when you are at school and for a 12-month 'grace period' after graduation.
Further information about financial assistance is available from the Financial Representative at your nearest CDI College campus.
416, boul. De Maisonneuve Ouest Suite #700
Montreal , QC H3A 1L2
3 Place Laval Suite #400
Laval, QC H7N 1A2
Complexe St-Charles 1111 rue St-Charles Ouest Suite #120
Longueuil, QCJ4K 5G4
500 - 1000 boulevard Saint-Jean
Pointe-Claire, QC H9R 5P1
9480 Lacordaire Boulevard Suite #204
Montreal, QC H1R 0C4